Sunday, September 26, 2010

More Changes

Just when we were all getting used to life with a family of 6, we've changed it up again. NO, we are not adding to the family, but we are adding to the house. We've decided that a family of six needs more than 3 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms. We have begun a major remodel/addition which will result in a 5 bedroom, 3 bath house. Each of the kids will have their own rooms, and I will finally get my soaker tub!

In order to make this go as smoothly as possible, Jason, the kids and I have moved up to my parents. They graciously offered their house to us for the duration, and have moved into the back cottage in order to give us more room. I'm still in awe of their generosity and the kids are still trying to figure out how exactly this is going to work. "Will Grammie have breakfast with us everyday?" "Can I ride on Grampa's forklift?" "Are they really going to sleep back there?" "Are we going to our house today?"

Last night was the first night in this newest reality and for the most part it worked pretty well. I'm sure by the time we have it all figured out it will be time to move back home. I have a feeling when we do leave there will be withdrawal pains, for the kids... and the grandparents.

No comments:

Post a Comment