Tuesday, October 13, 2009

A Visit from Oregon & Rain

This morning I'm sitting here in my quiet family room listening to the rain. It is coming down pretty hard out there and I love it! It has been quite some time since we had rain here. We definitely need the rain here in Northern California, but the timing might not be the best since Jason still has about 40% of his ranches waiting to be picked. It is supposed to last just 24 hours, so hopefully the grapes will weather the storm and still be in good shape to pick later this week.
Now it is time for me to buy warm clothes and jackets for the kids and pull my winter stuff out from its summertime hiding place.

Yesterday morning, before the rain, Joe and Bette headed back to Oregon. They came down over the weekend to watch the girls play soccer. The kids were so excited to see them and Cooper was disappointed when we got home from school last night that they were gone. I think the grandparents were amazed to see how big each of the children has gotten since our last visit.

No comments:

Post a Comment