Friday, February 4, 2011

Preschooler!

Cooper John is getting to be such a big boy! He started preschool at the beginning of January (although he insists it is Kindergarten). I love our daycare provider, but I felt Cooper was ready for more challenges and opportunities. Thankfully we have a great preschool that is part of our church and the girls' school so I knew just where to send him.
I anticipated a rough drop-off the first morning. Surely he would be worried in a new environment with new friends and teachers he had never met. But no, he walked right in like the big boy he is and promptly told me to "go home Mommy". I hadn't considered the fact that he goes to Sunday school in the same building every week. Each morning when I take him to school we put his lunch box in his cubby and walk him into the morning room. He gives me a kiss, opens the door and ushers me out.
I am amazed at all he is learning at school. He is learning letters, the sound, shape and sign language for them. He is learning Bible stories, Bible verses and songs. He has told me about Noah and his ark, animals and the rainbow. He has told me about David and Goliath and the stone. He is singing about "The B-I-B-L-E, That's the Book for Me" and about having a "Little Turtle, His name is Tiny Tim". Cooper brings home "projects" everyday and asks me to display them on my bulletin board at work. He is making new friends and actually knows some of their names now. He loves his teachers, especially Ms. Maricle whom he prays for just about every night.

I can't believe how big he is getting and how much fun he is!

No comments:

Post a Comment