Sunday, February 20, 2011

Snow

I know it is nothing like the snowpocalypse that his the east coast a few weeks ago, but it has been COLD here in Northern California the last few days. In fact, it snowed on the hills surrounding Sonoma County this week.

The kids have always been fascinated with snow and every winter they beg us to take them to see some. Thursday night on the way home from school we could see snow just behind Grammie & Grampa's house. We talked about driving up to it, but I knew that if Jason didn't get mad at me for driving up there in the van with the kids, that my dad would have something to say.

Today much of the snow has melted, but we could still see it on the peaks above the valley. Since it is warmer and there hasn't been any rain in the last 24 hours, I felt it was safe to travel the roads up the mountainside. I offered to take the kids up to see if we could find the snow and they were ecstatic.

We drove up the road, past Grampa's old ranch, and after many twists and turns we found it. SNOW!!! Emma and Grace especially were excited to get out and touch it. There was a meadow full of people playing in the snow. Some were even trying to sled, and I saw one snowboard.

It definitely wasn't Tahoe quality, but it did result in being called "The NICE mommy. Even nicer than Daddy." I'll take that for a Sunday afternoon drive.

No comments:

Post a Comment