Monday, May 2, 2011

9 months old

Last week Henry turned 9 months old! Hard to believe he has been in our arms as long as he was in my belly! He had his check-up on Friday and it turns out he is totally "normal" although he has a big head. He was 19lbs 11oz and 28.25" long. These are both right around the 50th percentile. His head circumference was closer to 75th percentile.

Henry can currently crawl, pull to standing, clap, squeal, and wave.

He loves his brother and sisters and his daddy! When he sees Jason he lights up and tries to flirt with him.


Henry loves to eat but doesn't really like baby food. He wants to eat what everyone else does, but often scares me since he puts too much in his mouth and then gags.


Henry is still very attached to mommy and will burst into tears if I leave to room or even set him down sometimes. If crying doesn't get me to pick him up, he will crawl after me from room to room.


He is still nursing and doesn't really like the bottle and won't take formula. He likes to drink out of a cup, especially if it is Cooper's. He can even drink out of a straw!


Henry sleeps in bed with me and prefers to be uncovered. When he rouses from sleep, the first thing he does is kick off all of the covers and sprawl his arms and legs as wide as he can.


He discovered his voice in the last few weeks. He will squeal at the top of his lungs and then stare at you to see your reaction. If you don't react he will do it over and over again until he gets a reaction. He loves it when you babble at him and he will keep up his side of the conversation. When I'm talking to someone else (or singing along with the radio) he will start to mumble. It is as if he wants to have a conversation as well.


Henry has crazy hair that often curls up on the top of his head. The top pieces are super long but the sides and back are fairly short. It would probably look better if we cut some of the out of control pieces, but I adore his crazy hair and I'm afraid he'll look too old if we cut it.


He is still a lot of work and I often think he is more than I can handle, but I remind myself constantly that "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Henry truly is a gift and a blessing to our family.

No comments:

Post a Comment