Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Happy Birthday, to me!

The 22nd was my birthday! I know lots of people don't want to admit when it is there birthday, or they want to let it pass quietly in the night. I'm not one of those people. I love birthdays, especially my own. I don't mind getting a year older. It is sure better than the alternative. I might feel differently when I'm "old" but I'm perfectly happy being 36.

It is not about presents or having all the attention on me. I just like that birthdays are a chance to spend the day with family and friends. And, of course, there is no pressure to bake a big meal or decorate the house like on other holidays.

Jason likes to joke that my birthday lasts for a week. The first year we were married my father took Jason to Mexico dove hunting over my birthday weekend. I joked that we could celebrate before he left and finish our celebrating when he got back. Since then I try to stretch the party out as long as possible.

This year the big day was on a Friday, so I could only stretch it over the weekend. On Saturday, my parents, Jason, the kids and I all went to the Melting Pot in Larkspur for fondue. We had never been there before but I've been wanting to go for several years. I think Jason and Dad weren't too sure what we were getting into, but went along for the ride since it was a request I had made. Turns out the place was fabulous. Everyone enjoyed themselves and the food. Cooper especially liked the chocolate. The only bad part was I forgot my camera so no chocolaty grins for the blog.

On Friday night we gathered at our house for Chicken Parmesan and presents. Both of the girls made me homemade cards which I absolutely adore. There is nothing quite like a personal note from one of your kids. Cooper can't write yet, but he did sing me happy birthday (his favorite song). Click on the photo to hear him singing.

No comments:

Post a Comment