Saturday, June 26, 2010

Home Stretch

Tomorrow we will be 35 weeks pregnant. That means Little Bean is due in just 5 weeks and since both Grace and Cooper were induced a week early it is likely Little Bean will be here in less than a month! I'm starting to get really excited about this.
Last night we took the kids to see Toy Story 3 and I kept looking at them thinking this is one of the last outing we are going to be going on with just 3 kids. Kind of funny to think of just 3 kids. I never thought I'd have more than 2 kids and for a few years after Emma Jo was born I didn't think I'd be blessed with a second child.
Now that we are expecting #4 I'm trying to be thankful and positive. Even though my back hurts so bad many nights that I just want to curl up in a ball and cry and the contractions take my breath away I'm trying to stay positive. If I say "I'm fine" enough times it has to be true, right? I know many women who would love to trade spots with me and would gladly take the discomforts of pregnancy in a heartbeat. I'm trying to remember that these discomforts are only temporary and in just a few short weeks I'll have a new baby to hold and love and cuddle which will make it all worth it.
Since we are just a month (or so) away from meeting this new little one, I've realized we need to get ready. We are going minimalist with this baby, but we still are going to need a car seat, diapers, wipes and some clothes. So far I have about a dozen sleepers. We have a big kid stroller, changing table and Ergo carrier. I was blessed by my colleagues with very generous gift certificates to Target so in the next week or so I'll sort through the house and decide what we are going to need right away. Then, before my blood pressure gets any higher and my doctor orders me on bed rest, Mom and I will go shopping for the essentials. Then I'll just have to find the baby clothes I've purchased over the last few months and wash them up and wait for this little one to arrive.

No comments:

Post a Comment