Saturday, August 14, 2010

Swimming Lessons

Grace and Cooper just finished two weeks of swimming lessons. They both did amazing! I wish I had signed them up for lessons earlier in the summer. If I had I bet Grace would have been swimming independently by the end of summer! She was willing to go under water, retrieve rings from the bottom of the pool, cross the pool with a kick board, and even swim 1/4 of the way across the pool completely on her own. I am just so thankful that she is finally getting over her fear of getting her face and ears wet!
Cooper has developed a little attitude since we brought Henry home from the hospital and swimming lessons were no exception. Cooper would not get into the pool unless it was his decision. Once he got in the pool he would gladly participate in class, as long as he was holding a toy of some sort. By the end of the two weeks he was willing to blow bubbles, use "scooper arms", kick with a kick board or holding on to the rail. He was not willing to go completely under the water or jump off the side, but I'm sure that will come next year...

No comments:

Post a Comment