Thursday, November 11, 2010

Heroes

My uncle Ranndy is much more eloquent than I am, so you might want to click over to his blog and skip this post altogether.

Today we celebrate our veterans. I say celebrate because we should remember them everyday. They are the brave men and women to put their lives on the line to ensure our freedom and to help those less fortunate than us. They are husbands and wives, sons and daughters, mothers and fathers. They are young and old, proud and scared. They are the heroes.

Both of my grandfathers fought in World War II. One passed away before I was old enough to know about war. The other didn't choose to discuss it.

Unfortunately I don't have any digital pictures of my Grandpa Dick. I do however have a few of my Grandpa John.


My grandpa circa 1960

Grandpa and his three brothers who all served in WWII

They all made it home safe.

To everyone who has served this country, and everyone who has had a loved one serve this country, Thank You. You are the heroes.

1 comment:

  1. "My uncle Ranndy is much more eloquent than I am" - I doubt that, but thank you Trish!
    Your readers may be interested to know that in that top picture, the area directly behind where your grandpa is standing, is the location of the current Plumpjack tasting room.

    ReplyDelete