Saturday, March 26, 2011

A Day Off

Sometimes it is the little things.
Little things that add up to be everything.
I have a million little things to do everyday and sometimes it gets to be too much. That is the way I have been feeling this week. I'm sure it is compounded by the fact that Henry has become the baby who DOESN'T sleep. Jason reminded me that Cooper was once the baby who only slept while being rocked, so I'm sure that someday Henry will sleep. Although it doesn't feel that way at 3 in the morning when you are up for the 5th time.
Anyway, I was scheduled to go on a Girlfriend's Retreat with First Baptist Church this weekend. I had been looking forward to it, but in the past few days it felt like just one more thing that needed to be checked off my "to-do list".
Last night I made the decision to say no. No, I'm not doing what I should do, I'm going to do what I want to do. So today, instead of leaving my family and spending the day with the women from church, I decided to go shopping.
Mom, Emma, Grace, Henry and I packed up the Yukon and headed to Emeryville. We were hoping to find a chair for Emma's room at IKEA. It ended up that we didn't really find too much of anything to buy, but I did find a little peace. It felt great to not have anything that had to be done. I did have three kids with me but Henry was a shopping angel and the girls did great, especially after lunch at California Pizza Kitchen.

No comments:

Post a Comment