Saturday, September 27, 2014

Children's Museum


Each year the Smithsonian sponsors a Day at the Museum where people can get free admission to a participating museum. 
Last year was the first time I had heard of the program and I took advantage of free tickets to the Sonoma Coubty Air & Apace Museum. It is tiny but the kids enjoyed it. I was very grateful for the Smithsonian's program because without it I never would have thought of taking the kids to this museum. It is only a few miles from our house and it is home to of the first planes to repond to the 9-11 attacks. 

This year I opted for the Bay Area Discovry Museum in Sausalito. The girls have gone here on field trips but I have never been. 

When we arrived we were greeted by a gorgeous view of the Golden Gate Bridge. 
That was enough to make my day just about perfect. 

The kids really enjoyed all do the activities. Henry's favorite was the gravel pit. 
He spent quite a bit of time digging. He especially loved the "vest-es". 

Grace is easy going and loved everything.  Cooper really liked the fishing and crabbing. 
I think we will definitely go back again. 

And I think we are going to start spending more time near the bay. The drive stinks, especially coming home, but there is something so renewing about that beautiful, shining water. 


No comments:

Post a Comment