Monday, March 9, 2009

Aquarium

We took the day off on Friday and headed south to the Monterey Bay Aquarium. We were met there by Kim, Micah and Ruth. We arrived right when they were feeding the otters and the kids loved seeing the otters zooming around the central tank. Grace and Cooper were amazed by the whales floating from the ceiling, especially the Shamu. The kids area was a huge hit. Gracie and Ruthie (who look like they could be sisters) enjoyed climbing in the penguin egg shell.
Cooper liked the slide.
We got all five kids to climb into the giant clam. It is not the easiest thing to get a good picture of five squirmy children, especially when four of them are under five years old.
After lunch the girls and Jason watched a movie about the deep sea and Cooper and I went for a walk. I guess the aquarium was not as much fun for Cooper without his sisters so he fell asleep in his stroller.
While Cooper was sleeping we checked out the rest of the aquarium including the outdoor deck.

1 comment:

  1. Great pictures!! Haven't been there since Dec. 2007. I went with my sister and Cody. Did you guys see the great white shark?? I am not sure if he was there or not. He was in the Deep sea tank. He was cool to see. Glad you guys had fun! You look great! Haven't changed much since high school! Wish I could say the same for myself!
    Have a nice day!
    Jennifer

    ReplyDelete