Saturday, November 28, 2009

Salt Dough Ornaments

What to do with three children at home for a five-day weekend? That was my dilemma yesterday and it was only day 3. We were bored by 7:30 in the morning and trying to decide what to do with ourselves. I wanted something cheap (preferable free) and easier to do with a wide range of ages. I thought about going to the pottery studio to paint ornaments for Christmas. Then I realized that is neither cheap nor an easy place to supervise a 2-year old. Then I had my great idea, Salt Dough Ornaments. I vaguely remember making them as a child, so I pulled up Google and searched for recipes. We spent two hours yesterday morning making the ornaments. Each of the kids had a blast rolling, cutting and playing with the dough. I even made a couple of special ones. Then we got to extend the fun yesterday afternoon with painting the dried and cooled ornaments.

I think this is a project that we will definitely engage in again this holiday season.

No comments:

Post a Comment