Sunday, December 21, 2008

Christmas here we come!

The shopping is all done. The tree is decorated. The lights are strung and the presents are WRAPPED. We are ready for Christmas!

Mom and Dad generously offered to watch the kids overnight on Saturday so that Jason and I could finish our shopping and wrapping. We had a quick trip to Target (I couldn't believe all the cars in the parking lot and the empty shelves in the store). Then we had a great dinner at Willi's Wine Bar in Wikiup and finally we wrapped presents.

Every year I say that I'm going to start the shopping after Halloween and be done the weekend after Thanksgiving, but it seems like every year I don't start until the weekend after Thanksgiving and finish the weekend before Christmas. Usually the wrapping isn't done until Christmas Eve, so I'm pretty happy right about now.

I'm so happy that we finally had a chance to eat at Willi's. I've wanted to go there for years, but we've never found the opportunity. They feature small plates and great wines. Jason and I enjoyed crab tacos, flatbreads, Filet Mignon sliders and short ribs. Each was very good although the short ribs were a little peppery. I ordered a flight of Chardonnay and it was fun to have 3 different 2 ounce pours to sample. Each had a unique favor and I really enjoyed trying something different.

The only thing we haven't finished for Christmas this year is cards. I never captured a picture I was happy enough with to publish as a Christmas Card. I've decided to stop obsessing. Maybe we'll send out New Year's cards instead...

No comments:

Post a Comment