Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Holiday Season

I can't believe Thanksgiving is over and it is already Christmas! The past few years I've been a little bit of a Grinch about Christmas, but this year I am getting excited. The season started with Cooper's First birthday and a great Thanksgiving.

On Saturday, Joe and Bette flew down from Portland morning to come to Cooper's party. It was great spending a couple of days with them and I think they were amazed at how big Cooper is. I was happy that stranger anxiety didn't set in and Cooper let them hold him by the second day. On Sunday we went to Santa Rosa shopping and to lunch. The mall was surprisingly empty but the deals were aplenty. I was able to get the girls shoes and sweaters for the big Silver Oak Holiday party on Friday. I also got a few terrific little "big boy" outfits for Cooper John. Emma found the cutest black velvet ballet flats which she really wants to wear everyday. Can you believe she wears a ladies size 7! She is definitely turning into a little lady!

We all had lunch at Tex Wasabi's, Guy Fieri from the Food Network's BBQ Sushi restaurant. Joe and Bette were excited to find Fried Baloney on the menu. Everything we ordered was delicious (I'll trust Joe about the Baloney).

After lunch it was back to the mall to look for a dress for me. We went to Macy's and I found a great dress for 60% off! I couldn't pass that up. I also got a couple pairs of shoes, one for work and one for the party.

On our way out of the mall we noticed there was no line for Santa. Grace asked if she could go talk to him. She walked right up to him, climbed up on his lap and told him what she wanted for Christmas... matching outfits for her and Alice, and a toy with Ariel.

I'm looking forward to the start of the Christmas season with the Silver Oak Holiday party on Friday and the Polar Express on Saturday. Now I just have to find the time for Christmas pictures and Holiday cards.

No comments:

Post a Comment