Friday, June 12, 2009

Cooper's Tough Week

Cooper John must have known he was going to have a tough week. On Monday morning, he scared me half-to-death by not walking up at his usual time. I prefer for him to wake up around 6am but lately he has been getting up closer to 5am. Monday morning at 7am he was still asleep. Emma Jo wanted to get him when he woke up, but he didn't. Finally around 7:15 I went into his room to make sure he was still breathing. He was. We all stood around he crib and watched him. Then we tried to wake him up with no success. Then I decided to take a picture of him sleeping so soundly in his crib (don't sleeping babies just look precious?). He still didn't wake up. I finally just took him out of his crib and started changing he diaper so that we could head off to camp, daycare and work.
When we picked him up that night we discovered that he had had an accident at daycare. He was running at the park and tripped off of the concrete into some bark. The bark scratched up his face and cut his eyelid. She said that he cried when it happened, but it doesn't seem to bother him in the least.
Then Tuesday afternoon, I finally took him to the pediatrician for his 18 month checkup. It was a little late, but our appointment was rescheduled since our regular doctor had to go out on an early maternity leave. The doctor was very impressed with Cooper's development. She thought that his speech was advanced for his age "especially for being a boy". He have a vocabulary of over 50 words and is stringing 2 and 3 words together into phrases. He was weighed and measured and he is following his growth curves almost perfectly. He is 33 1/3 inches tall which is in the 75th percentile. He weighs 26lbs3oz which is near the 50th percentile. After all the fun stuff at the appointment was over the boy little guy got 4 shots. I had delayed his MMR at the 1 year appointment but I finally felt comfortable giving it to him this week. He cried for a few seconds but calmed almost immediately when I picked him up.
After the doctor's appointment, I gathered all the kids and we went to Daddy's softball game. They loved the fresh air, hanging out with friends, and running around the sidelines and playground.

No comments:

Post a Comment