Friday, April 2, 2010

Visit with our cousins

Last weekend John came up for a visit with Mays and Dallas. The girls and I were looking forward to their visit all week. Friday night we headed to Grammie & Grampa's house for dinner. The kids had a great time playing on the teeter-totter. Emma Jo took over 200 pictures!

Grace and Cooper were eager to team up with Mays and Dallas on the see-saw. The boys were not so sure about having partners.

Emma Jo took these pictures of her little cousins!

The night was beautiful and all of the kids (and Grampa) enjoyed blowing bubbles.

It was not a holiday, but the table was full of family. We were missing two. Dad was taking the picture and Tracy stayed home for work.

After dinner the kids had to look for frogs in Grammie & Grampa's pool. The frogs are about an inch in diameter but they sound like bullfrogs. Emma Jo even caught one!

My aunt reminded us that today is my Grandmother's birthday. She passed away when I was Grace's age so unfortunately she never met any of her great-grandchildren, in fact she didn't even meet all of her grandchildren. I remember her from my early years. She loved her family with all of her heart, both her boys (my Dad & his 3 brothers) and her grandchildren. She was always ready with a hug and a treat. She would have loved to be surrounded by all of these little people and would be thrilled with how much they care about each other. My father reminds me a lot of her...

No comments:

Post a Comment